Brand New Book, Good Condition, Dispatch from our warehouse in the UK.
From Publishers Weekly&newline;&newline;Cardiologist Sinatra used to despair about his patients' fast food addictions, but &doublequote;getting mad didn't do any good. So I got smarter.&doublequote; This book is the result, a call for good nutritional sense that takes a pragmatic approach toward the often-unwholesome eating habits of contemporary America. The nutritional advice Sinatra gives is basic but essential: eat more fiber, avoid trans fats, load up on fruit and vegetables. His theory is that if you're &doublequote;eating right about 80% of the time, it's OK to splurge the other 20%.&doublequote; In his final estimate, though, he ends up recommending a very small portion of each menu he considers: french fries and big burgers are out, veggies and fish are almost always in. While there are many suggestions, as well as a comprehensive 6-week plan, for eating on the go, the fact that Sinatra can't quite avoid is that there is no substitute for eating nutritious foods correctly prepared. Instead, he provides transparent equivocations, like letting a Whopper Jr slide but admonishing, &doublequote;you'll still want to eat leaner foods at home to compensate for the relatively high fat total.&doublequote; Subway sandwiches and &doublequote;light&doublequote; menus at sit-down chain restaurants (Applebee's, the Olive Garden) merit predictably higher marks. Perhaps the biggest reward for readers is a clearer understanding of just the body needs to function, and how little the fast food industry cares.&newline;Copyright ® Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.&newline;&newline;&newline;Book Description&newline;&newline;Lose weight eating at McDonald's«, Burger King«, KFC«, and Wendy's«? &newline;&newline;Yes, it's possible-and this book shows you how! &newline;&newline;&doublequote;Dr. Steve Sinatra is one of the top preventive cardiologists in America. . . . In The Fast Food Diet, he shows readers how to eat smarter and more nutritiously at any fast food establishment in America so they will actually become healthier as they lose weight. What a brilliant strategy and practical approach!&doublequote;&newline;-BARRY SEARS, bestselling author of The Zone &newline;&newline;We're a nation on the go-and we're gaining weight at alarming levels. Chances are you realize you should lose weight and eat healthier foods, but when you're hungry and hurried, all too often you choose the drive-through over a healthy home-cooked meal. This breakthrough guide presents a practical, real-world solution that teaches you how to make healthier fast-food choices and save hundreds of calories per meal-without giving up the delicious taste and convenience of fast foods. &newline;&newline;In addition to tips for dining guilt-free at all types of fast-food restaurants, The Fast Food Diet includes: &newline; &newline;A Six-Week Fast-Food Diet Eating Plan that lets you choose among 150 meal selections for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks from more than fifty of the most popular fast-food chains &newline;Valuable tips for business travelers, holiday revelers, and kids who are fast-food junkies &newline;Advice on eating well at food courts, sit-down restaurants, airports, and convenience stores &newline;Recipes for nutritious, home-cooked meals you can prepare in 15 minutes or less &newline;&newline;&newline;&newline;If you cut just 500 calories from your meals every day, you'll lose a pound a week. That's 50 pounds a year-and The Fast Food Diet makes it easy.