- Actors: George Peppard, Mr. T, Dwight Schultz, Dirk Benedict, John Ashley
- Writers: Frank Lupo, Stephen J. Cannell
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2,4 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 12
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- DVD Release Date: 1 Oct 2001
- Initially one of NBC network's most successful series, The A-Team ran for 90 one-hour episodes (with a few feature-length specials thrown in) from 1983 to 1987. The premise of the series was certainly different. A group of US operatives is sent to rob the Bank of Hanoi during the Vietnam War in an attempt to destabilise the country's economy, but the bigwig who organises the raid is killed, leaving no indication that the mission was officially sanctioned. Returning home, Smith (George Peppard), BA (it stood for 'Bad Attitude') Baracus (Mr T), Face (Dirk Benedict) and that 'crazy foo' Murdoch (Dwight Schultz) suddenly find themselves accused of criminal activity, obliging them to set up as benevolent mercenaries. They tear around the country in what looks like a delivery van, generally do-gooding while keeping one step ahead of the inept military police.
Snappy, witty and fast paced, the series began as a spoof of the action-thriller genre. It wasn't until the later episodes that an element of seriousness crept in, which may have caused the decline in audience figures eventually resulting in the show's cancellation. On video and DVD though, it remains a feast for fans of classic cult TV.--Roger Thomas
Product DescriptionThree more missions for the do-gooding soldiers of fortune. 'In Plane Sight' has the team take on South American drug smugglers. 'The Battle of Bel Air' sees Hannibal narrowly escape an ambush. 'Pure Dee Poison' finds the boys joining forces with a man of God in order to combat moonshine production.