Our aim CQout is to offer buyers and sellers a secure, fair and risk-free
Online Auction environment in which to trade. As with any method of trading, there will be occasions
when, for whatever reason, either the buyer or seller will be unhappy with the
To minimize grounds for complaint, we recommend that:
- goods are dispatched by a shipping company that can track and confirm delivery ,
and are insured in transit. Proof of delivery is essential.
- buyers use the SecurePay
if unsure of the reputation of the seller, or for goods with a high value
If a problem does arise with your deal, we recommend you take the following
- Contact the Seller directly by phone to try and resolve the
- Use our
Query/Disputes Console for a more convenient and reliable mode of
communication if you are not able to reach the Seller by phone
- Allow at least 2 days for the Seller to respond to your message.
- Issue a negative rating to the Seller, if the Seller does not respond or is unwilling to deal with your complaint. When issuing the negative rating, you should
- Stick to the facts, stating what has gone wrong
- State the steps you have taken to contact the seller
- Negative rating is issued no later than 3 months from the
- CQout is automatically notified once a negative rating has been issued. We will investigate the matter in
detail by contacting both parties and take the following actions as
- Take disciplinary action against the Seller.
- Refund the Buyer, if payment was made by SecurePay.
See Also :Buyer Protection
User Ratings can be accessed via the
CQout's aim is to foster a safe trading environment. If it becomes
clear through the User Rating feedback mechanism that particular buyers or
sellers are not honouring their obligations, those users will have their access
privileges revoked and may also be liable to financial penalties as outlined in
Unless the SecurePay
has been used, it remains the responsibility of the buyer and seller to conclude
the transaction to their satisfaction. CQout will not become involved in
mediation of any disputes arising, unless the above procedure have been adhered
CQout reminds its customers that in agreeing to make a sale or purchase, they have
entered into a contract with the other party which may be enforceable in law.