When the auctions closes, CQout emails both the seller and the winning bidder
the contact details ( email, Tel. No. & address) to both parties..
It is then up to the buyer and the sellers to contact each other and make
payment and delivery arrangements.
- You have 7 days in which to get it touch with each
other and conclude the deal, or you risk a negative rating.
- If emailing doesn't work, try telephoning the other
party. (Emails can go missing, or a user maybe having PC or network
- Both buyers & sellers have equal responsibility for
getting in touch with each other, so don't sit back waiting for an email.
- If the the other user has not responded to you after 7
days, issue a negative rating, stating the facts, not expressing your
emotions. CQout is automatically alerted and will take appropriate further
action including disciplinary action for the seller and making refunds of
SecurePay sums if appropriate.
CQout Guidelines for a Safe Transaction:
- Check the other person's trading history See User Ratings.
If a seller has no trading history or is not a CQtrusted Seller,
, then use
for a 100% safe deal and peace of mind.
- Always ONLY deal with the person at their
CQout Online Auctions registered address given
to you in the email you receive from CQout robot.
- Should you decide not to use Securepay, sending a cheque made out to the seller and crossed ( A/C Payee only)
is safer than doing a direct bank transfer as it at least gives you a traceable
physical address for the seller.
- Do NOT send cheques or cash to any other person at any other address,
unless you are certain it is safe to do so.
- If you must send cash in the post, make sure it is disguised and
is sent by registered post only. Never send in ordinary mail with no
proof of delivery. If it does not go missing in the post, your seller
may deny ever receiving it.
- Bank transfer & wire services are harder to trace than cheques (
You need a real name & address to receive a cheque! and hence easily
- Western Union money transfers are the most common system used
by fraudsters. If your seller insists on this payment method you should
be extremely concerned.
- Escrow- buyers should always consider using the
escrow service if unsure of the reputation of the seller, or for goods which
have a high value.
- All sellers on CQout are obliged to accept SecurePay
. They do not have the option to refuse. If the seller does not accept
, ask yourself why?
- You are advised to only use an escrow service by a
company such as CQout that you know and trust. There are many fake and
fraudulent escrow services. Do not be persuaded by
another user to use an escrow service that you do not trust.
- Goods should always be sent by a carrier that can track and confirm
delivery, Sellers are strongly advised to use a service with proof of
delivery. and depending on the value of the goods you should also make sure
insured in transit. See Shipping, Postal rates & delivery charges
for further help.