Remember, you can browse the our
online auction site without registering, but before you can bid on something, you have to
as a CQout user.
1) First, find the item you want to bid for. You can do this from the CQout
either by using the 'Search' button to search for a particular item- or even for a
particular seller you have come to know and trust- or browse for items by clicking on
buttons under the 'Categories' or 'Listings' headings.
2) Having found something you want to bid for, click on that item for more detail and
perhaps a picture.
3) Use the
system to either enter the minimum incremental bid that
can be placed on that item or enter to the maximum you are prepared to bid for that
item. Autobid will keep that maximum amount secret from the seller and other bidders, but
will automatically bid up to that maximum on your behalf against other bidders.
4) If you are out-bid, you will be notified by email and invited to respond with a
5) If you are the current high bidder at the close of the auction you have won the
6) Auctions run for a duration between 1 to 21 days. The length of an auction
is set by the seller when he lists the item. ( See also
7) When the auction is over, CQout notifies both the seller and the highest bidder by
email of each other's contact details. It is then the responsibility of the two parties to
contact each other and to arrange mutually agreeable payment and delivery details
8) Having bought something successfully, you can either do it all again...or try
selling something...or perhaps both!